i’ve learned a few things from the latest trip:
- If i’m not 100% positive i’ll need the laptop, don’t bring it. Just bring the 7″ tablet and phone and you’ll do just fine.
- When most relatives are asking for “A Beer”, they want lightly carbonated, slightly alcoholic seltzer water.
- While the fancy work bag looks nice and is nice for the daily commute, get a bag that can also hold a sandwich when traveling.
- GSM is FAR more battery friendly than CDMA.
- A pair of high quality earbuds on a plane are things of wonder and delight.
- 6-10 year olds are like non-routable continuous connection protocols. They will find one thing and flock to it en mass regardless of however many other things are present. This includes machines, uncles, balls, etc.
- While most modern rentals have USB ports and AUX plugs (finally), none will have a spot you can stuff a phone without it sliding all over the dash. Get a jelly pad, stuff it in a zip-lock bag and swear about all the weird curves car makers insist dashboards be nowadays. (NOTE: DO NOT LEAVE THIS COOK INTO DASH ON HOT DAYS.)
- Just buy toiletries when you get there.
- Tie your shoes with a TSA Hitch, and you’ll get through show time with the least amount of swearing.